On May 16, 2013, at 12:39 PM, Lennart Poettering <mzerq...@0pointer.de> wrote:

> Hmm, on your machine, what does "systemctl show -p WantedBy -p
> RequiredBy systemd-udev-settle.service" show? This will tell us which
> package is actually responsible for pulling in
> systemd-udev-settle.service.

RequiredBy=
WantedBy=dmraid-activation.service

I'm not using dmraid, or md raid, or any kind of raid at the moment. I also
have this entry, previously explained in this thread as probably not being
needed unless dmraid is being used, so is the likely offender for udev-settle.

          2.823s dmraid-activation.service

And I missed one other I don't understand, which is a top 3 offender:

          9.855s accounts-daemon.service
# We pull this in by graphical.target instead of waiting for the bus
# activation, to speed things up a little: gdm uses this anyway so it is nice
# if it

Fine, but 10 seconds seems like a lot of time, but is it?

Chris Murphy