On 07/15/2013 10:44 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
= Proposed System Wide Change: No Default Syslog =
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/NoDefaultSyslog

Change owner(s): Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering net>, Matthew
Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject org>

No longer install a traditional syslog service by default. (Specifically,
remove rsyslog from the @core or @standard groups in comps.)

The systemd journal will be the default logging solution. Rsyslog, Syslog-NG,
and even traditional sysklogd will continue to cover use cases outside of the
default.

My voice may be one of thousands, but I'm saying: I want to have traditional syslog service as default and have journal from systemd as option.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat, Software Engineer