On 25 July 2013 16:59, Billy Crook <billycr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Bastien Nocera <bnoc...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Given the amount of time that he spent on the mailing-list fighting for
>> those features, then it looks like a waste of time, that work has been done.
>
> Unfeatures technically.  He wanted to remove features from the Default
> spin.   Subtracting functionality is not a feature.  He wanted an
> unfeature.

No he wanted out of the default install. We have a badly defined
naming scheme which is causing confusion:

default install -> what you get when you put the DVD in and do a click
through install.
default spin -> The GNOME desktop livecd.

Spins are managed by their respective "teams":
default has been GNOME and managed by GNOME sig
kde is managed by KDE sig
xfce is managed by XFCE sig
etc etc

So I would say that the GNOME team is within its rights in managing
its spin. Whether it is named default etc is someone else's problem.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.