> > Any chance you could just use an Alias in the apache config?  Then you can
> > just
> > delete the directory and not muck around with making yum happy.
>
> Doesn't seem to work. Seems like it's just ignored: if I set it and move
> tiny_mce/ away, no tinymce. If I leave it set but also put the tiny_mce
> directory in place on the filesystem (by symlink or not), tinymce works.
> I don't actually have any idea whether PHP is supposed to respect the
> Apache aliases or whether it's looking at the 'real' filesystem, but it
> seems to be b).

Yup, SO thinks it's b):

"Could it be because include and require use filesystem references, and
the leading / refers to the filesystem root directory. PHP doesn't refer
back to the Apache alias, or treat the web server htdocs directory as
root"

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3683754/apache-alias-or-scriptalias-in-use-with-php-doesnt-work

so using an Apache alias to 'relocate' PHP is never going to work, AIUI.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey