On Fri, 2013-10-04 at 07:49 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> > We just started to support ARM, I don't think we want to drop it.
> > I guess those three products are currently most important and
> > other products like Embedded should go into Spins category. At
> > least for now.

> Yes, we're probably not going to be offering a direct embedded product
> right from the get-go. However, the Fedora ARM project will definitely
> have a place in the Server and Cloud variants, as several hardware
> manufacturers have been announcing ARM-based servers.

Apologies for the necro, I'm catching up on this whole discussion.

I really think whatever the New Way Of Doing Things turns out to be, it
needs to include a minimal network install image much like the current
netinst.iso, built for all primary arches, as a primary deliverable.
Whether that's considered part of one of the 'products' or the 'base os'
or whatever I don't know, but I really think it would be a huge mistake
not to ship something along those lines. It is likely to be what a lot
of ARM users want. I think having that, and ARM builds of the products
so far proposed, should cover the bases - but so far as the Workstation
product goes, remember that GNOME does not currently work well on most
supported ARM platforms, so our 'ARM Workstation' is currently KDE.

We've done a lot of work over the last few cycles to really bump ARM up
to 'first class citizen' status, and a lot of that is coming together -
I think reasonably successfully - in F19 and F20. It would be rather odd
to go with a change for F21 or F22 which goes in the opposite direction.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey