On 11/04/2013 11:07 AM, Phil Knirsch wrote:
Hi everyone.

A quick update from my side regarding the Base Design WG:

- My proposed committee was approved by FESCO last Wednesday. One
negative vote came from Stephen Gallagher that he would have very
much preferred to have Lennart instead of Harald or Josh on the
committee.

To be completely clear, I said I would have preferred having Lennart
on the WG. I did not state that I thought Harald or Josh should not be
members. That's an important distinction, I think :)

I felt strongly enough that Lennart belonged on this group that I
chose to cast a token vote, knowing that it would not affect the outcome.

Apologies if i phrased that a badly. I didn't intend to either play down your opinion or the importance and contributions of Lennart. I definitely hope he will participate and contribute to the Base WG even if he isn't a voting member of the committee.

After all, in my personal opinion the committee's decision should strongly be influenced exactly by that kind of participation and input from interested parties. And taking in all aspects and weighing them based on feasibility, resources, importance and other criteria everyone will have and then, as a group, come to a final decision that everyone can and will support.

Thanks & regards, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch              | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Manager Core Services        | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111