On Sun, 2014-01-05 at 10:04 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-01-05 at 10:27 +0100, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
> > On 01/05/2014 09:23 AM, Mattia Verga wrote:
> > > They really want to make dnf work this way.
> > > This is explained here:
> > > http://akozumpl.github.io/dnf/cli_vs_yum.html#dnf-erase-kernel-deletes-all-packages-called-kernel
> >
> > Yes, I have read that, but (strongly) disagree.
> >
> > The running kernel should not be removed with a simple 'dnf erase
> > kernel' (why did they change remove into erase?),
>
> They didn't. Both work on both.

It's symptomatic of how fucking terrible this thread is, btw, that
people would post without checking any of this. It takes about ten
seconds to open a kernel and run 'yum remove foo', 'yum erase foo', 'dnf
remove foo', 'dnf erase foo'. If you're not going to go to *that* much
trouble, it's a bit rich to start excoriating the dnf devs.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey