On 01/23/2014 08:07 AM, David Tardon wrote:
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 04:37:07PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
On 01/22/2014 03:47 PM, Richard Hughes wrote:
On 22 January 2014 12:09, Richard Hughes<hughsi...@gmail.com>  wrote:
That's a long way from what I'd like to see, but it's going up at about 1% per
month, which is encouraging.
Replying to my own email, apologies. I've now gone through the entire
list of applications-in-fedora-without-appdata. A*lot*  of those
applications haven't seen an upstream release in half a decade, some
over a decade. I would estimate that 40% of all the apps in Fedora are
dead or semi-dead upstream. Excluding the KDE/XFCE/LXDE applications,
I'd say we had a 70% completion of the applications I'd like to see in
the software center. I've filed a lot of upstream bugs in the last two
hours, so hopefully that's another few percent sorted.
I wished we could simply just clean those bits out of our
distribution because quite frankly we have 14+k components in the
distribution and not nearly enough manpower to cover that all.
You seem to be operating under a delusion that, if someone's package is
forcibly dropped, (s)he will automatically seek comaintainership of
another package "to fill the vacuum". That is not very likely. What is
likely, however, is that (s)he will become angered, orphan the rest of
his/her packages and disappear.

I was operating under the *assumption* that the package was not being maintained as Richard said here... "A*lot* of those applications haven't seen an upstream release in half a decade" Which poses security risk and bugs not being dealt and bad end user experience if our end user base chooses to install it. ( because if they were actually being maintained here with us those fixes would have found it's way upstream and new releases been made right ).

But clearly you dont understand that.

JBG