On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Christian Schaller <cscha...@redhat.com>wrote:

> What I mean to say is that Red Hat has a business motive to support the
> Fedora community,
> if supporting Fedora was a pure act of charity then I think organizations
> like the Red Cross
> or Unicef would have a much better chance of getting the money.
>
> So if the Fedora community wants to not care about why Red Hat invests in
> Fedora they are of course free to do so,
> but it becomes quite disingenuous to later be surprised if Red Hat loses
> interest in Fedora.

well this kind of strategy towards the community is not very inspiring for
the new contributors, is it?
I think there is interest in the fedora community for Gnome as well as
other DE which RHEL doesn't ship.
But since this thread has been moving in a direction where the Fedora spins
are under threat to exist in the repos doesn't bode well for the packages
that is not of interest to red hat.