Hi,

With current changes in Fedora regarding Fedora.next and productization of Fedora distribution I would like to suggest following change.

Package systemd ships file 90-default.preset [1] (full path: /usr/lib/systemd/system-preset/90-default.preset) which contains rules for command 'systemctl preset NAME'. This command enables/disables the unit represented by NAME based on the entry in preset file.

File 90-default.preset for example contains line 'enable sshd.service' which enables sshd when command mentioned above is called (mostly from rpm macro %systemd_post [1]).

Currently this file is part of systemd package which doesn't seem to be right. It contains default values specific for distribution, is not part of systemd upstream repository and is maintained downstream.

Based on these arguments, I'd like to propose to move this file to the fedora-release package (or elsewhere, if you can suggest better place). This package is specific to Fedora distribution as well and contains Fedora specific configuration files (i.e. Fedora repo files). The question of moving the file somewhere else than systemd might be really interesting for working groups either. It defines which services should be enabled by default after installation, which might differ for different products. (Or not, has anybody thought about this yet?) An example off top of my head - we would like to have sshd enabled after installation by default on server, but disabled on workstation.

I would like to ask release engineering for any feedback and representatives of working groups to discuss this on their meetings.

Thanks & Regards,
Vaclav Pavlin

[1] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/systemd.git/tree/90-default.preset
[2] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/tree/src/core/macros.systemd.in