On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 14:53:13 +0100
Václav Pavlín <vpav...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,

...snip...

> Based on these arguments, I'd like to propose to move this file to
> the fedora-release package (or elsewhere, if you can suggest better
> place). This package is specific to Fedora distribution as well and
> contains Fedora specific configuration files (i.e. Fedora repo
> files). The question of moving the file somewhere else than systemd
> might be really interesting for working groups either. It defines
> which services should be enabled by default after installation, which
> might differ for different products. (Or not, has anybody thought
> about this yet?) An example off top of my head - we would like to
> have sshd enabled after installation by default on server, but
> disabled on workstation.
>
> I would like to ask release engineering for any feedback and
> representatives of working groups to discuss this on their meetings.

Well, if the products want to diverge on what to start/enable, we could
do this I suppose. It's been suggested that we look at having a
fedora-release for each product (with deps on those things the product
advertises as part of their deliverable). If we go that route, this
file could live in each of those products fedora-release. (ie,
fedora-release-workstation, fedora-release-server, fedora-release-cloud
or whatever).

kevin