My reasoning is that I think it should be easy to turn a Fedora Cloud
deployment into a Fedora Server

I'd like to see a concrete driver for that goal.  I mean, how would that
be different than installing the role infrastructure?

The overlap between Server and Cloud is an interesting topic but realistically - aren't we just talking about some different defaults (e.g. Cloud needs metadata services like cloud-init/min-metadata-service, which are a bit dangerous on bare metal), potentially different filesystem defaults, etc...

And I don't think anyone who would be turning Cloud into Server would want their metadata service to be disabled, and obviously we can't change their filesystem...

So ultimately what use case isn't covered by just changing the package set?

 I should
potentially be able to install a graphical environment for Fedora
Server by doing 'yum install fedora-release-server-graphical'[2][3].

Now this one I definitely agree with. Specifically that it should be -server-graphical and not merely installing the -workstation release.