Hi,

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 6:59 PM, Josh Boyer <jwbo...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Matthew Miller
> <mat...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 05:07:35PM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> >> Alternative idea -- maybe identify all packages which are not ciritcal and
> >> have an open merge review.  Take those packages out of the repository.
> >> Then revisit the list and formulate a plan on what to do with thoes (even
> >> if
> >> the plan is then, these were critical enough to leave in so we'll give them
> >> a pass on going through a formal review).
> >
> > I like the idea of actually revisiting the list and deciding what to do,
> > although pulling them out of the repository seems unnecessarily drastic.
>
> This always winds up being the suggestion.  Nobody actually does
> anything about it.

This is also what I have seen. We have seen many discussions on
merge-review closure since last few years but no one step forward to
work on it. Why to discuss such things if we all contributors can
review packages and help maintainers to have their packages as per
current packaging guidelines? The only problem I have seen while
working on such reviews is that some maintainers find them low
priority and did not respond. Sometime ago I decided to work on this
and also wanted to clean spec myself and review the same package
myself but our policies does not allow this. So I occasionally visit
merge-reviews and try to finish them with the help of current package
owner.

Regards,
Parag.