On Wed, 2014-03-26 at 08:27 +0100, Robert Mayr wrote:

> Il 21/mar/2014 12:59 "Matthew Miller" <mat...@fedoraproject.org> ha
> scritto:
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 10:28:26AM +0100, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
> > > I agree with Jaroslav. I was looking forward to have a fourth
> > > product to those three. KDE can help define what is needed for new
> > > product, what must be done by all teams, how much work it will be
> > > ... I guess we should speak more about addition of new product and
> > > don't kill the idea at the start.
> >
> > Like I said, I'm skeptical, but listening. :)
> >
> > --
> > Matthew Miller    --   Fedora Project    --
>  <mat...@fedoraproject.org>
>
> I think the same, if all spins become products we can also keep the
> actual way. Fedora.next is a very good idea and I'm sure it will have
> success, but it needs to follow his strategy with three different
> products, not having 2 different ones and *n*
> workstation-similar-products, IMHO.
>
> I don't think spins are not useful, but they could be under the wing
> of Workstation as a sub-product perhaps.

Some spins won't be desktop-related.

Maybe what we'd need is something like AUR where users contribute
packages for Arch Linux which are not "supported" enough to be in the
main repositories?

We could have the official 3 (for now) products, and a different "place"
where the wider community can gather to publish different images, each
one with a different focus (e.g a KDE desktop, or a tailor-made cloud
image for a new provider, or an arch-specific image for a
yet-unsupported device, or...)

We could even call that "place" spins.fedoraproject.org ;)

It could be more open than the current spins process, allowing a wider
community to publish more varied things than we have now (more spins!),
and it would be up to each group to ensure the quality of what they
produce, have their own release cycle, etc...

--
Mathieu