On 26/06/14 22:33, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 13:01:05 -0500
Yaakov Selkowitz <yselk...@redhat.com> wrote:

On 2014-06-26 11:17, Richard Hughes wrote:
On 26 June 2014 17:02, Simone Caronni <negativ...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 from me!

If it's a trivial patch then I think it makes sense to just do it.
  From someone that touches hundreds of different projects every
month, I've found it's better to ask forgiveness than permission :)

As previously stated, that only works if you are a provenpackager.
The question is for those of us who are not, but are trying to help.

This seems to be particularly needed around mass rebuilds, which IMHO
should be an "all-hands-on-deck" time.  For example, I've been going
through the sizable F21FTBFS list[1][2], looking for arm-specific
bugs and fixing what else I can along the way.  So far most of my
~100 patches are just bitrotting in bugzilla, while branching is less
than two weeks away.

As a newcomer to Fedora development, is there something else I should
doing to get these patches reviewed and committed?

I'm pretty swamped, but I'm happy to go through them as time permits
and help apply/build them.

I assume they are attached to each of the FTBFS bugs?

If other provenpackgers have time it would be great to apply these
before branching.

kevin

I'm not sure if it's so great idea for all bugzillas. Some packagers prefer to add patches first into upstream then carry a patch for many releases.

FTBFS bugs are different, I guess it's okay to fix them immediately. It can hardly do more harm.

Marcela