Am 09.12.2014 um 16:40 schrieb Christian Schaller:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Reindl Harald" <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
To: devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:04:46 AM
Subject: Re: "Workstation" Product defaults to wide-open firewall

Am 09.12.2014 um 15:57 schrieb Christian Schaller:
Well I think it is hard for anyone to guess what would be reasonable
defaults for
you specifically, any default is by its nature just targeting an generic
person, which might or might not be a lot like you.

But if you are aware and understand the finer details here then it isn't
that
big a job to change it, you should be able to go into the network manager,
choose your
connection, choose 'identity' (should probably be moved to be under
security?) and change
the zone for your network to whatever suits you better.

and why can't you do the same if you want it open instead start
wide-open and expect from people to secure their system

I think the part of the sentence you probably missed was "if you are aware
and understand the finer details here", because for anyone who doesn't
understand the finer details here you are suggesting we default the system to
'broken'

than it's an education / documentation problem and nothing else

"finer details" is just polemic

i don't want to live in a world where even free operating systems are going down the road declare anything as "finer details" and sacrifice security because someone needs to think 2 minutes

frankly that 2 minutes thinking may lead to "uhm maybe not the best idea" - *what in the world* let you come to the conclusion that ignore the lessons Microsoft learned in times where everybody pointed at Windows with wide open defaults and now going back to the state from where they came is a good design decision?

to we *really* want to go the road down to a point where people say a Windows default setup is more safe then modern Linux systems?