On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 6:37 PM, Adam Williamson
<adamw...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-04-07 at 18:33 +0200, drago01 wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net
>> > wrote:

>> > +1
>> >
>> > that's unacceptable and leads in burry *real* problems resulting
>> > in sonner
>> > or later security updates are broken and nobody take snotice soon
>> > enough
>>
>> The bug is elsewhere though ... i.e. that is even possible to push
>> updates with broken deps.
>> Rawhide is a different story but everything that goes through bodhi
>> (stable releases and branched) should simply refuse pushes with
>> broken
>> deps.
>
> This is easier said than done. We don't have a perfect dependency
> checker and it's not at all easy to write one. tflink and John Dulaney
> have more details if you're interested, but yes, this is not a trivial
> thing we can just wave a wand and make happen.

We do have dep solvers otherwise no one would notice that a dep is
broken ever. (like libsolv + hawkey).
So what bodhi should do is to ask "has this package all dependencies
satisfied with base + updates + other packages in this push" for every
package in the push.
If the answer is "no" for a package cancel the push; remove it;
restart and only push the once that has satisfied deps.
Report the failed once to the maintainers so that they can fix it.