Am 05.10.2015 um 17:43 schrieb Marcin Juszkiewicz:
W dniu 05.10.2015 o 16:58, Reindl Harald pisze:
Am 05.10.2015 um 16:47 schrieb Marcin Juszkiewicz:

Many of those people send their mail from properly configured MTA
allowing random envelope senders for authenticated users

well, and that's why spamfighting is that complicated....
a MTA allowing random sender is *not* properly configured

My MTA has to send my emails. I connect, authenticate and provide emails
to send. I may fetch them from many different servers but send them
through one SMTP server.

RTFM your SMTP servers manual

for such cases our MTA has the SMTP credentials of the sender and uses a sender-based relay to *not* blow out forged mail, while that's off-topic here: A records without SPF lead to forged mails and more important makes it impossible on the RCPT side to distinct between forged and legit mail for whitelisting and in general

however, off-topic, for the moment i only care about mass mails from the fedora infrastructure which hits BAYES_50 alerts and i don't want to train as ham for good reasons