On 11/10/2015 06:06 AM, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 08:50:55PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
em* and p?p? come from biosdevname, which should not be used and is deprecated.
I'm merely observing what happened when I updated a bunch of servers
from F22 to F23.  I didn't intentionally install nor uninstall biosdevname
at any point.
   But you should have.  Biosdevname what deprecated 3 years ago (with Fedora 19
or 20*), you should have migrated your rules to udev's naming scheme and
remove biosdevname.  This was quite long transition period, even longer
than biosdevname usage, which was default between Fedora 15 and 19 (2 years).

   * although I can't find the mention in Release Notes for neither F19 nor F20.
     We may have underdelivered on this :(

Biosdevname has not "officially" been deprecated ( still mentioned in the guidelines and still available for download ) and it only got removed from comps and Anaconda in F21 ( which is something that should have happened in F19 ) and up to that point it was still installed by default so machine upgrades from <F21 --> F21 - F22 - F23 will still have it, clean installs of F21+ should however not ( unverified ).

The WG's or any of the live CD's might still be deliberately shipping it ( like the serverWG might think it was a good idea to ship it like they are still shipping rsyslog etc ) .

JBG