Hi,

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 7:58 PM, David Airlie <airl...@redhat.com> wrote:

>> That's fine.  I don't have a problem adding "GNOME on Xorg" option to
>> the session
>> menu in the interim. I'll do it tomorrow.
>
> This is what the feature page said would happen in the first place. So
> I'm also confused why you didn't just do that.
Initially the feature page was written before Fedora 23.  I was involved in
a more recent discussion about the implementation details of
pushing the big red switch, and having one item that did fallback was the
conclusion of the discussion.  I did edit the wiki to say this:

Users will be able to disable wayland by setting WaylandEnable=false
 in /etc/gdm/custom.conf but there will no longer be two separate menu
items for GNOME on Wayland and GNOME on X11.

before I posted the announcement.  Did I miss somewhere else on the
page that contradicts that? or are you alluding to back when the page
was first written?

> These are just the missing features (never mind dialog boxes in wierd places
> bugs)
> and it doesn't even contain the USB output hotplugging, or secondary GPU
> output use cases.
That list isn't exactly accurate. Some of the items on their have been
fixed since they were
added pre-f23.  I did peck at the list a little, but  I'll do a more
exhaustive update tomorrow.

--Ray