Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
>> > Things like python-dialog-2.7-20 in F23 when 3.0+ is needed as one example.

> Nothing in the distro uses python-dialog. I think it should
> be fine to update.

Don't forget that users might be depending on the version 2 API with
software they've written that is not included in the distro. If
upgrading to the version 3 API would break users that could be a
frustrating experience.

I don't have a horse in this specific race, but some package maintainers
have frustrated me when they upgrade packages that the software I write
depends on as part of a normal dnf upgrade. Backwards incompatible
changes should be reserved for Rawhide.

--
Randy Barlow
xmpp: bowlofe...@electronsweatshop.com