On Mon, Jan 11, 2016, at 09:46 AM, Jan Kurik wrote:
> = Proposed System Wide Change: Change Proposal Name NewRpmDBFormat =
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/NewRpmDBFormat

It'd be interesting to know the technical details, worth reposting once there's
a design document or prototype PR.

I added rpm-ostree to the list, and one thing I'd like to note regarding that:
We always generate a new DB rather than mutate-in-place, because
rpm-ostree always generates atomic updates.  This means that
mutation speed is not very relevant to us, but query speed still
is.

It'd also be nice if the new format was cleanly mmap'able like
GVariant is.