> A better approach if you care about readability is to stop trying to use
> one spec across everything.  You don't need any
> %if clauses at all if you do that.

Well, I have not yet even written anything new to the spec file. This is a fork
of an official Fedora package, and I'm still trying to make sense of
everything. All the tags contained inside %if blocks, and all the patches and
so on, existed before I started. So I assume the Mozilla packaging team knows
some things that I don't.

Really, I think another great solution would be to make the RPM spec file more
whitespace-agnostic. Why allow indentation for %macros, but ban it for tags?

But, point taken: I'll see if splitting into multiple spec files would make
things easier to manage.