On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 09:44:29AM +0100, Jan Zelený wrote:
> On 29. 1. 2016 at 22:03:00, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > FWIW I found the new database backend (not mentioned anywhere in the
> > original submission).  It is here:
> >
> >   http://rpm.org/gitweb?p=rpm.git;a=tree;f=lib/backend/ndb
> >
> > Since this change has (rashly) been approved by FESCO, I guess we're
> > going to be copying this code into some libguestfs tools, and we'll
> > have to keep up with changes to RPM.  It's a drag compared to using a
> > real key-value store.
>
> May I ask why? Accessing rpm database in a different way than through librpm
> API is highly discouraged even now.

It's discussed in this thread already.  Please see:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/message/QZG6BVLOOYYGLFJQK5RQ5LAPJIL2KMYF/
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/message/NYEVENDEUVPRMWD7PJM2IJSR54H25SKI/

Even if the RPM database is only accessed via librpm, it's still
important that the most central database present on every Fedora
system is reliable, well-tested and flexible.  Sqlite is a highly
regarded piece of software, which runs on billions of Android phones.

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v