David Woodhouse wrote:
> Our packaging guidelines really ought to mandate that *if* upstream
> publishes GPG or PKCS#7/CMS signatures of source tarballs, then the
> package *must* verify those signatures as part of %prep.

I just thought of something that shouldn't be forgotten: How would this
affect the bootstrapping of a new architecture?

In https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/AArch64/Bootstrap the
gnupg2 package is listed in stage 3, where builds were done with
RPMbuild. Bash (just to pick an example) is also listed in stage 3. Bash
tarballs are signed, so verification would be required in bash.spec.
This would move GPG and its dependencies to stage 2, stuff that must be
built before RPMbuild can be used.

Is that acceptable? Should there be something that disables the
verification during bootstrapping?

Björn Persson