On 11/12/2012 23:13, Matthew Brush wrote:
So, I did a search for geany.glade and discovered it in:
c:\Users\Nick\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Geany\data

reading up on the VirtualStore path, I found it gets created when an
application tries to write to a system path like Program Files, without
the correct privileges. The application then silently receives the
VirtualStore versions of files instead. I must have once tried to
install geany without admin privileges, or manually copy over the data
dir or something like that.

This behaviour is really confusing if you're not aware of it. I think
there is a way to tell Windows not to use VirtualStore for an specific
application though, I'll have to look into it. In the meantime I just
deleted the Geany dir under VirtualStore, all is now working correctly.

FYI, there was a related bug a while back about this:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3566329&group_id=153444&atid=787791

OK, thanks for the info. Hopefully we can disable VirtualStore for Geany executables sometime.