On 13-08-31 07:05 AM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
On 29/08/2013 06:47, Lex Trotman wrote:
[...]

Nick has offered that C++ "might" attract him to contribute more, I
"might"
have time at the end of my current contract, unless I get another
quickly,
I guess Colomban is out, Matthew? anybody else?

I'm happy to manage/co-ordinate the transition to C++ (at a slowish
pace), should we decide we want that.

IMO, step #1 is to create a separate branch for this topic. I'm sure Colomban won't mind a separate branch if it's not affecting master and it would provide a hacking playground for everyone interested. If it proves fruitful, we could eventually look to merge/replace Geany code from this branch, even if we have to maintain separate branches for some time.

I think starting with a core plugin is a good idea. The "Class Builder" plugin has lots of gnarly C string copying/formatting/etc, it might be a good candidate for hackage, as per your suggestion.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush