On 13-08-31 04:37 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
On 1 September 2013 00:05, Nick Treleaven <nick.trelea...@btinternet.com>wrote:

On 29/08/2013 06:47, Lex Trotman wrote:

[...]

  On using gtkmm, personally I think it is *way* better than the C interface
to GTK, but I don't know if it can be mixed with C GTK easily, and
changing
*everything at once* would be a big job.

I don't know either, but gtkmm is much better than GObject boilerplate.
Although I don't think we need custom objects that often.

Funnily enough, since subclassing widgets is trivial with gtkmm, they start
to be used more often in my experience :)

Yeah, there's lots of cases for Geany; geany::MainWindow, geany::Toolbar, geany::PrefsDialog, geany::Scintilla, geany::StatusBar, geany::SymbolsView, geany::EditorMenu, and even the existing GObject subclasses, not to mention geany::Filetype or geany::Document and friends.

Anywhere you want to extend/customize the behaviour of another class or widget or such.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush