Am 08.07.2014 20:15, schrieb Dimitar Zhekov:
On Mon, 07 Jul 2014 18:48:00 +0200
Thomas Martitz <ku...@rockbox.org> wrote:

Hello,

I'm still working on proxy plugins, sorts of. I thought it would be
useful to give you an update.

  [...]

1) backward-compat: Libpeas is fundamentally based on describing plugin
metadata with a separate .ini-style file ($plugin.plugin). It cannot
load plain .so files on its own.
   -> I solved this by extending the libpeas parser such that it can
parse the plugin description of Geany plugins, and generate a
PeasPluginInfo from it. This way we can load existing plugins before
they transitioned to the .plugin file.
Well, if we decide on libpeas, we can move the descriptions from .so
to .plugin at some future point. Hope you havent hardcoded the file
type to ".so", since it's ".dll" under Win~1.

I should do s/.so/G_MODULE_SUFFIX/

2) backward-compat again: libpeas' existing C parser cannot load the C
plugins because they do not implement a gobject interface.
   -> For this I wrote a trivial custom loader which instantiates a
"PeasGeany" interface instance (it has the traditional init(),
configure(), help(), cleanup() methods) on behalf of the existing plugins.
This one should be part of Geany (there is no requirement to put the
custom loaders in separate libraries).

I integrated the loader as a additional libpeas loader (like the python one). so it compiles together with libpeas and the other loaders. That was easiest way to get working.

My whole libpeas fork is (currently) imported into the geany repo so it's a bit academic.

Best regards