On 07/28/2014 04:28 PM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
Am 28.07.2014 um 21:37 schrieb Devyn Collier Johnson:
I would like to contribute to Geany by submitting additional license
headers and some more file templates like what would be found under
/usr/share/geany/templates. I have already made some license headers and
file templates. Would the Geany developers be interested in them? If so,
then where would be the best place to send them? Would the destination
like them as a zip, tarball, etc?
I think the best thing would be a pull request against
https://github.com/geany/geany
The most of the templates you are mentioned you can find at
data/templates.

Does this mailing list use bottom
posting or top posting?
Bottom posting.

Cheers,
Frank

Thanks, Frank for the idea. I will try that on Github.

Matthew Brush, yes you are right, The licenses are hard-coded. I find that odd though because it makes it harder for the user to use other licenses. I know of many projects that use other licenses besides GPLv2 and BSD. Whether you want to spend time fixing this is up to you. For my personal use, I can just keep a folder of headers and copy+paste the contents.

Thanks,
Devyn Collier Johnson