On 15-03-25 04:22 PM, Thomas Martitz wrote:
Am 18.03.2015 um 22:55 schrieb Matthew Brush:
[snip]

```
static Plugin my_plugin = {
  .name        = "Foo",
  .version     = "0.1",
  .author      = "Me",
  .description = "Foo plugin",
  .api_min     = 200,
  .abi_ver     = GEANY_ABI_VERSION,
  .init        = my_plugin_init,
  .configure   = my_plugin_configure,
  .help        = my_plugin_help,
  .deinit      = my_plugin_cleanup,
};

[sniip]

Thanks for your suggestion to make the plugin_set_info() obsolete and
move filing the info fields before geany_plugin_register(). I will
incoperate that into my v2 of my proposal.

If you squint your eyes just right, it looks like you could re-write the PLUGIN_SET_INFO() in a way to be source-compatible (but obviously not binary-compatible) with the old way, since nobody used plugin_set_info() directly, and the hook functions you moved/proposed only add an argument (which Geany could read, or not, based on the ABI version).

Just a passing thought.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush