On 15-04-15 10:15 AM, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
On 14.4.2015 г. 22:37, Enrico Tröger wrote:
On 13/04/15 19:33, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:

In 2.24, the horizontal tabs under Win~1 have this "flat" or "modern" or
whatever look, and you can only distinguish the current tab via a slight
3D effect. And unlike 3.x, where you can easily set the active tab

I don't get it.
For me it looks like as in the attached screenshot. I don't have a GTK
2.16 build at hand for a direct comparison but the notebook tabs look OK
to me in the GTK 2.24 build.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. The white horizontal line, which
normally gives nice outline [vertical_tabs], but is almost lost due to
the white editor background, combined with the identical unchangeable
background for the tabs. Not completely indistinguishable, but much
worse than 2.22, and hard on many tabs.

We could re-parent the Scintilla widget into a frame (or whichever is the proper widget) and set its border shadow to "in" or "etched in", which would probably look more appropriate on Windows[0][1][2], and likely still look fine on most non-Windows themes.

Alternatively, we could probably tweak the default windows theme (engine) to make it look more "native".

Cheers,
Matthew Brush

[0]: http://www.testech-elect.com/ontime/vstudio.gif
[1]: http://cache.filehippo.com/img/ex/626__notepad1.png