Am 30.05.2015 um 03:19 schrieb Matthew Brush:

Just because it's such a trivial search algorithm, using strstr() is much more simple and probably more efficient than using Scintilla's API to find text, but if manual and automatic mode is supported, it would make sense to share the existing code, and that beats out advantage having a redundant (yet simpler/faster) routine to do same, IMO. +1 (if it's not too much hassle to refactor "Mark All").

What makes you think naive strstr() based search is faster/more efficient than whatever Scintilla does?

I haven't looked actually, but I'd think it does the same (probably using C++ strings), or something smarter like KMP mentioned in this thread or whatever the C++ template library provides. But I don't think it does anything slower than the most trivial strstr() method.

Best regards.