Hello,

Le 13/03/2023 à 21:18, Julian Groß via Devel a écrit :
is it possible to use the default Geany colour theme (as defined in https://github.com/geany/geany/blob/master/data/filedefs/filetypes.common ) in an MIT licensed project?

I myself have no problem with this at all, but it might be legally tricky, given GPLv2 is not "compatible" with MIT it would require the approval from everybody that contributed to it (as we don't require contributors to hand over their copyright rights to us). However, you might be so lucky that the colors themselves have never been altered by anybody but a few original authors (my guess would be something like Enrico and/or Nick, and possibly Matthew and I, maybe a few others).

You probably could "fairly easily" (for some definition of that) find the list of people you'd need ACK from using a combination of `git blame`, `git log -G` and or other history scrapping tool.

Or maybe the color scheme itself could be considered not an important enough original work that nobody would really care.

Anyway, good luck, and you have my blessing, for whatever it's worth.
Colomban