The search feature is supplied by Scintilla. There is a facility for setting a
'case-folder' (function or table) to handle case-insensitive searches, so
allowing a user-supplied custom case-folder might be the easiest way. Then it
could be handled in Geany via my plug-in. AFAIK there is no such option
currently in Geany or Scintilla, so I'll ask the Scintilla people if they would
consider adding it.