On Thu, 29 Aug 2024 at 16:35, Austin Green via Devel
<devel@lists.geany.org> wrote:

> I was rather hoping to have the custom case folder as an additional option in
> any search.  Are the Scintilla people easily annoyed by requests for features?

Not particularly, but will not often do it for you if it is some
feature that is specific to you.  And also ATM there is no method for
specifying such "custom" functionality to the search so that makes it
more complex.  In general Scintilla provides commonly useful features,
it is used by many applications and on major platforms, if some
feature is not likely to be common its not likely to be added. But it
has the ability to give you the whole buffer to perform such things as
custom searches yourself.  As I said Geany does this for regex
searches since it uses different regex engines to Scintilla.  So your
plugin can ask for a pointer to the buffer and then search away using
any search method you want to.

Cheers
Lex