In 15min from now!

Join us reviewing the latest OLPC/Sugar community projects today 2PM EDT, Boston Time:
 http://forum.laptop.org/chat

Then type at bottom:
 /join #olpc-meeting

AGENDA:

* New Libraries!
 http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Projects#XO_Laptop_Lending_Libraries

* Which projects might you enjoy Mentoring?!
 http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Projects
 http://rt.laptop.org/Search/Results.html?Query=Queue=%27contributors%27

* Fast Review of the 2 latest (greatest!) HW/Project Proposals:

1. Gaza Beach Art [Austria]
  http://rt.laptop.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=39345
  http://www.gazabeach.at

  Requests 1 XO for 5 months

  Project Objectives:
  Titel:
  Gaza Beach: We Join the Party -- public art intervention
  Background
  On the occasion of Tel Aviv's centennial, the city of Vienna has
  invited the state of Israel to stage part of its celebrations at a
  beach at the Danube Canal.
  Under the title "Gaza Beach -- Life Imprisonment Live", several
  intervention projects will simultaneously be staged in public spaces.
  They are aimed at directing as much attention to Palestine as to
  Israel for the duration of the "Tel Aviv Beach."

  Our project is aimed at helping to create an authentic atmosphere and
  to enable the cooperation between Tel Aviv and its nearest partner
  city: Gaza in a neutral environment.

2. Audubon MS XO Library and Repair Center [Los Angeles, Calif, USA]
  http://rt.laptop.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=39449
  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Projects#XO_Laptop_Lending_Libraries

  Requests 10 XO's for 24 months

Set up an XO laptop lending library for the 50 students enrolled in the Vista College Bound/Famili After School Program Show that an XO lending library run by and for middle school students is a viable option Identify Sugar Activities most suitable for use in an after school academic enrichment program Develop students' ability to make simple repairs to the laptops as the need arises