I can (somewhat) use Record 64 on my XO-1 running Debian squeeze (*) and the latest OLPC git kernel. It doesn't work out-of-the-box (needed to recompile binary blobs) and seems to hang (**) when I try to take a photo, but the video overlay is shown.

In what way does Record fail for you, exactly?

(*) installed using DebXO, but now an up-to-date squeeze system with no packages on hold (**) Video overlay stops updating, busy cursor appears, no reaction to touchpad clicks. I can stop it using the Frame, though. No errors in log.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/