http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10528 is one such ticket, although we have two
types of touchpads in production and two alternate candidates I am aware of
(samples of which should be at Cambridge office).

I would be cautious about attempting to identify touchpads via psmouse/DMI;
three of the four samples seem to identify themselves as some variant of
"IM{Ex}PS/2 Generic" just like web browsers tend to identify themselves as
"Mozilla compatible".