That might be an option, but not in my case. Both XOs have Build 13.0.1 and Firmware Q4D28.

I'll wait for James to wake up :)

 - Juan

On 06/20/2013 09:45 AM, Daniel Drake wrote:
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Juan Cubillo <jcubi...@fundacionqt.org> wrote:
Hello,

Quick question>  I have two 1.75XO that make a "beep beep" sound while
booting instead of the usual XO booting sound. Why is this so? Can this be
changed?
This likely means that you are running a new firmware on an old OS
release. Downgrading the firmware to the version that was intended for
that release should restore the bootup sound. (or, alternatively,
upgrade the OS to match the firmware)

I imagine James will provide a full explanation when he wakes up later on :)

If you are mixing versions on purpose, do note
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/12637

Daniel