From: Peter Krempa <[email protected]>

The instance of the 'disconnected' global variable in vsh.c is
written-only, so can be removed. Caught by new clang:

 clang -Itools/libvirt_shell.a.p -Itools -I../tools -Iinclude -I../include 
-Isrc -I../src -Isrc/util -I../src/util -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/libxml2 
-I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/sysprof-6 
-I/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0 -I/usr/include/libmount -I/usr/include/blkid 
-fdiagnostics-color=always -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Wall -Winvalid-pch -Wextra 
-std=gnu99 -O2 -g @/builds/libvirt/libvirt/build/c-warnings.txt -fPIC 
-D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -D_FUNCTION_DEF -pthread -DWITH_GZFILEOP 
-MD -MQ tools/libvirt_shell.a.p/vsh.c.o -MF tools/libvirt_shell.a.p/vsh.c.o.d 
-o tools/libvirt_shell.a.p/vsh.c.o -c ../tools/vsh.c
../tools/vsh.c:242:12: error: variable 'disconnected' set but not used 
[-Werror,-Wunused-but-set-global]
   242 | static int disconnected; /* we may have been disconnected */
       |            ^
 1 error generated.

This instance exists since the 'vsh' module was split (834c5720e44).
'virsh' contains it's own instance.

Signed-off-by: Peter Krempa <[email protected]>
---
 tools/vsh.c | 16 ----------------
 1 file changed, 16 deletions(-)

diff --git a/tools/vsh.c b/tools/vsh.c
index 667cc1a0d2..d1540810ee 100644
--- a/tools/vsh.c
+++ b/tools/vsh.c
@@ -236,12 +236,6 @@ vshReportError(vshControl *ctl)
     vshResetLibvirtError();
 }

-/*
- * Detection of disconnections and automatic reconnection support
- */
-static int disconnected; /* we may have been disconnected */
-
-
 /* vshCmddefSearch:
  * @cmdname: name of command to find
  *
@@ -1392,16 +1386,6 @@ vshCommandRun(vshControl *ctl,

         after = g_get_real_time();

-        /* try to automatically catch disconnections */
-        if (ret != EXIT_SUCCESS &&
-            ((last_error != NULL) &&
-             (((last_error->code == VIR_ERR_SYSTEM_ERROR) &&
-               (last_error->domain == VIR_FROM_REMOTE)) ||
-              (last_error->code == VIR_ERR_RPC) ||
-              (last_error->code == VIR_ERR_NO_CONNECT) ||
-              (last_error->code == VIR_ERR_INVALID_CONN))))
-            disconnected++;
-
         if (ret != EXIT_SUCCESS)
             vshReportError(ctl);

-- 
2.55.0

Reply via email to