AFAIR yes, on all boards. I've had to manually set video output (xrandr
--addmode).
I've tried with two computers:
- Dell laptop, Core i7 Ivy Bridge, Intel graphics, Debian testing,
kernel 3.12
- custom PC, Core i3 Ivy Bridge, Radeon X550, CentOS 6.4, kernel 2.6.32

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to test it more thoroughly, so
there are no I2C traces to post.

Cheers,
Adrian