Hello, I'm an experienced Windows .Net developer and have some experience
with Mono in Linux. I'm just starting OS X development and I am trying out
the console app in the tutorial (
http://www.monobjc.net/index.php?page=console-application). The nant.build
fails with the line where CastTo() is called:

***
error CS0411: The type arguments for method `Monobjc.Id.CastTo<TInstance>()'
cannot be inferred from the usage. Try specifying the type arguments
explicitly
      [csc] Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings
***

So I commented that line just to see if it compiles. It compiles but when I
run the command 'mono HelloFoundation.exe' at the /dist folder I get library
not found errors.

***
~/Projects/MonoObjc/HelloFoundation/dist jsoques$ mono H
elloFoundation.exe

Unhandled Exception: Monobjc.ObjectiveCException: The 'libmonobjc.1.dylib'
library was not found. Please check that you have correctly installed it.
---> System.DllNotFoundException: @executable_path/libmonobjc.1.dylib
  at (wrapper managed-to-native)
Monobjc.Runtime.ObjectiveC10.NativeMethods:hook_thread_lifecycle ()
***

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH is "."

I'm running OS X 10.4.11 and Mono version 2.6.3

I searched the support archives if anybody else had the same problem to no
avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

--
Javier Soques