Ralph Castain <r...@lanl.gov>:
>From the run-time perspective, whatever you do *must* support heterogeneous
>networks of computers that may and may not support IPv6, and may and may not
>support IPv6-mapped IPv4 addresses. In other words, the solution must support
>systems including computers that only know IPv4.

It is clear to me that we cannot entirely rely on the availability of
IPv6-mapped IPv4 addresses. Getting the IPv6-enabled sources to compile
on systems without sockaddr_in6 or getaddrinfo() is sort of nasty, but
should be possible. For example, we could extend the configure script to
test this and provide some drop-in replacements in case these
structures/call are missing on the system.

Are there some reference platforms which are really old, but need to
be supported? The information on slide 101 on
http://www.open-rte.org/documentation/march-2006-orte/March-2006-ORTE.pdf
is fairly generic...

  Christian

--
Dipl.-Inf. Christian Kauhaus                               <><
Lehrstuhl fuer Rechnerarchitektur und -kommunikation