Mohamad -

A couple of comments / questions:

1) Why do you need the #if OMPI_GROUP_SPARSE in communicator/comm.c? That seems like part of the API that should under no conditions change based on sparse/not sparse

2) I think it would be better to always have the flags and macros available (like OMPI_GROUP_SPORADIC and OMPI_GROUP_IS_SPORADIC) even when sparse groups are disabled. They dont' take up any space, and mean less #ifs in the general code base

3) Instead of the GROU_GET_PROC_POINTER macro, why not just change the behavior of the ompi_group_peer_lookup() function, so that there is symmetry with how you get a proc from a communicator? static inline functions (especially short ones like that) are basically free. We'll still have to fix all the places in the code where the macro is used or people poke directly at the group structure, but I like static inline over macros whenever possible. So much easier t debug.

Other than that, I think you've got my concerns pretty much addressed.

Brian