On Aug 13, 2007, at 6:36 AM, Gleb Natapov wrote:

Pallas, Presta (as i know) also use static rank. So lets start to fix
all "bogus" benchmarks :-) ?

All benchmarks are bogus. I have better optimization. Check a name of
executable and if this is some know benchmark send one byte instead of
real message. 3D driver do this why can't we.

Because we'd end up in an arms race of benchmark argv[0] name and what is hard-coded in Open MPI. Users/customers/partners would soon enough figure out that this is what we're doing and either use "mv" or "ln -s" to get around our hack and see the real numbers anyway.

In short: it's an even dirtier trick than header caching (for example), and we'd get beat up about it.