That's fine, too. I don't really care -- /public already exists. We can simply rename it to /tmp-public.

On Aug 31, 2007, at 8:52 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:

Why not make /tmp-public and /tmp-private?

Leave /tmp alone. Have all new branches made in one of the two new
directories, and as /tmp branches are slowly whacked, we can
(eventually) get rid of /tmp.

I'm fine with that.  If no one else objects, let's bring this up on
Tuesday to make sure everyone is aware and then pick a date to rename
everything (requires a global sync since it will affect anyone who
has a current /tmp checkout).

Or, to make life really simple, just leave /tmp alone and private. Just create a tmp-public for branches that are not private. That way, those of us with private tmp branches are unaffected, no global sync's are required,
etc.

Or perhaps that is -too- simple.... ;-)

Ralph