Roland Dreier wrote:
> > > Can I make a /tmp branch from the hg read-only branch that is not tied > > > to the svn /tmp branches.

 > > Why do you want to do that?
 > >
 > > Mercurial is a fully distributed system, so you could just start
 > > committing to one of your local copies of the repository, and I can't
 > > see anything missing that a /tmp branch would give you.

> Same reason you do an SVN tmp branch. So others (outside of my > employer's WAN) can actually clone the branch and try it out before you > push it back to the repository.

Mercurial is a fully distributed system.  So instead of thinking of /tmp
branch, you should think of publishing your repository, which has your
commits in it.  As I understand it, open-mpi.org is not set up for
publishing other repositories yet, but it is quite easy to set up a
mercurial server; there are also several places that will host one for
you: http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/MercurialHosting

Fair enough. I'll either wait for Jeff or look into the above if the need arises. Currently I don't have
the need, I was just curious if it was possible.