(moving this thread from the LAM/MPI mailing list to the OMPI devel list because it's really about Open MPI, not LAM/MPI)

On Oct 18, 2008, at 12:46 AM, Steven wrote:

Thanks for your answer. My server has openmpi installed. I also know MTT for testing openmpi. But my cluster has no access to internet. So I have to use lamtest.

I'm not sure what you mean by that; MTT does not require network access. MTT can be best when used this way (e.g., for Open MPI nightly regression testing), but you can certainly setup MTT to run 100% internally. I know that both Myricom and Mellanox use MTT internally for their own private MPI testing, for example.

Regardless, are you able to run simple Open MPI applications at all? Can you compile and run MPI "hello world"? Tests like that are a better place diagnose problems than trying to run an entire test suite.

Did you specifically enable udapl support? If so, you probably shouldn't -- if you're using an OpenFabrics Linux stack, OMPI prefers the use of the verbs stack directly, not udapl. Trying to use both udapl and verbs would result in... well, weirdness. :-) So you might want to disable OMPI's use of udapl.

Please see http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/ for a list of information that we ask for when there's a run-time problem with Open MPI.

If you have any advice, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Steven Wang

在2008-10-17,"Jeff Squyres" <jsquy...@cisco.com> 写道:

This list is archived at http://www.lam-mpi.org/MailArchives/lam/