Thanks - Brad also responded off-list. Problem was that our /tmp file constraint was quite a bit smaller.

On Nov 12, 2008, at 11:58 AM, Pak Lui wrote:

Ralph, is it not the mpool_sm_max_size? 512MB seems to be the default max size per node.

devel-requ...@open-mpi.org wrote:
Message: 1
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 07:21:38 -0700
From: Ralph Castain <r...@lanl.gov>
Subject: [OMPI devel] SM backing file size
To: Open MPI Developers <de...@open-mpi.org>
Yo folks
As has frequently been commented upon at one time or another, the shared memory backing file can be quite huge. There used to be a param for controlling this size, but I can't find it in 1.3 - or at least, the name or method for controlling file size has morphed into something I don't recognize. Can someone more familiar with that subsystem point me to one or more params that will allow us to control the size of that file? It is swamping our systems and causing OMPI to segfault.
Thanks
Ralph

--
Regards,